Hi all. I spent most of August, like the prior month, traveling. This time I attended Toorcamp and went on vacation. Both were pleasant and relaxing, but not terribly conducive to coding so I don’t have much to report…
- Descriptor CSV Export Functionality
Naif proposed export functionality for Tor server descriptors a while back, which Eric and Megan took the first stab at. I ended up revising this quite a bit, but it turned out nicely.
- Caching Expansion and Test Prompt
Added caching for GETCONF and static GETINFO queries. I also added a handy little script for a debugging interpretor. It kicks off Tor, then provides an interactive python prompt with a controller instance to it (optionally shutting Tor down afterward). Ravi code reviewed these changes and volunteered to do code reviews of my future work as well.
- Consensus Parsing
Over the last few weeks Ravi’s been working on a patch to parse network status documents. It’s functional, but missing unit tests and deviates from the parsing style and strict validation done for the other descriptor types so I’m taking a turn with the code. Thus far I’m done revising and adding tests for router status entries, and now working on the document. Changes are available in the ‘document-parsing’ branch of my repo.
Parsing these documents is a far larger task than I thought (especially if you include v2 documents and microdescriptors), so working on this branch will probably keep me occupied for much of September.
- Controller Expansion