Hi all! This month I moved on from Tor to begin volunteering with Wikipedia. Covid taught me the importance of face to face contact, and Wikipedia has local Seattle meetups that could scratch an itch Tor didn’t.
Something I desperately look forward to now that I have…
To get my feet wet I invested this month toward standardizing and making minor adjustments to pywikibot…
- Suffix all exceptions with ‘Error’.
- Consistently use string’s format().
- Remove usage of the deprecated distutils module.
- Drop unnecessary else/elif used after raise.
- Context manager to suppress and assert a bot’s logs.
- Renamed config2 and is_IP.
- Deprecated DotReadableDict, SelfCall, SizedKeyCollection, empty_iterator, frozenmap, textlib.unescape, and regex classes.
- Fixed minor test failures (1, 2, 3).