Hi all. Between the holidays and being oncall for work I didn’t have very high hopes for December. However, by the time the dust settled it turned out to be a surprisingly productive month. Projects included…
Finishing stem support for event handling. This was the last major feature we were missing before having feature parity with TorCtl.
Ported arm and the consensus- tracker to stem. The arm migration went surprisingly smoothly, but there’s still a lot of cleanup work left to do here. Ideally arm will be a far simpler codebase now that it doesn’t need a wrapper module around the controller.
Moved stem’s site to "https://stem.torproject.org/". (ticket)
Smaller things include…
- finally fixed the periodic freezes in arm (ticket)
- uniform support for a default response in Controller getters (ticket)
- vastly improved performance and memory usage for the ExitPolicy class
- expansions for descriptor handling (ticket 1, 2, 3)
- extend_circuit(), attach_stream(), and get_circuits() support (patches by Ravi, ticket 1, 2)
- TAKEOWNERSHIP support (thanks to Lunar^ for the initial patch, ticket)
- fixed a bug where circuit/stream ids were sometimes ints (caught by Lunar^, change)
- added a post-authentication hook so event listeners can be reattached to Tor
- several OPW discussions with Marina (we didn’t get any substantial applications)
- added flash proxy and txtorcon to the volunteer page, and made lots of general revisions
- discussed TorCtl deprecation with Mike and made the announcement
Besides this, Sean Robinson has been submitting an absurd number of fixes, improvements, and code reviews of his own. Many thanks!
- version pre-requirement checks for events and tests (ticket)
- testing expansion for malformed events (ticket)
- close_stream() method (ticket)
- STREAM_BW event handling (ticket)
- testing util expansion to make it easier to test client use cases (ticket)
- get_socks_listeners() method and related mocking changes (ticket)
- … and many, many more (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)