Hi all! I’m heading home this next weekend for my favorite holiday (happy pumpkin day!), so sending this a tad early. Personally my favorite thing about dev meetings are the collaborative projects they inspire afterward. This month set aside Nyx in favor of working with the rest of ya.
Metrics Collaboration with Karsten
Been a while since I used Eclipse. Got metrics-lib set up and sent a minor patch to note its dependencies. Next need to script up the benchmark scripts we discussed. Also discussed our CollecTor index and thanks to Karsten it’s now a thing!
During our dev meeting we had several discussions around our email lists. This month set up tor-project@ to both…
- Improve transparency a tad by providing a place for our internal community to discuss things that don’t need to be so secret.
- Lessen the need to add everyone and their dog to tor-internal@!
Jury’s still out on if this’ll work, but I hope it will. Also followed up on the thread about trimming tor-internal@. The community seems pretty split on this so doubt anything will come of it.
DocTor and Directory Authorities
- DocTor check for network latency to help surface issues like Faravahar’s ongoing sluggishness.
- Took a quick stab at an IPv6 ping for authorities. Presently stumped on IPv6 support on cappadocicum.
- Sending the fingerprint change notifications to bad-relays@ and bumped its threshold to cut down on false alarms.
- Made a DirAuth wiki to help coordinate tickets. Was worth a shot but personally doubt this is gonna go anywhere.
Few other noteworthy things were…