Hi all. For my part September was spent working toward the 1.4.4 arm release which tidies up the rough edges of the prior version and adds the control port interpretor (a pretty spiffy feature, imho). This feature was made with people either learning or commonly using the control port in mind so I’d really appreciate more feedback. Unfortunately Sebastian is the only dev so far to give it a try.
Besides that and contrary to my usual avoidance of fellow human beings, I’ve worked with others on a few things…
- Roger and others spotted an issue in Vidalia and TorCtl’s handling of control port authentication when there’s multiple authentication methods being used. I fixed this for TorCtl and arm.
- Juan Alcaine is helping with the arm RPMs, providing much needed testing and splitting arm from its dependencies. Next step is to get help from Erinn for uploading the arm/torctl rpms to the deb.tpo repos.
- Kamran has been working on a patch for exit locale selection in arm. It’s functional, but not quite done yet (I’m looking forward to seeing his finished version!).
- Met with Alasdair Young, another Seattleite who’s interested in checking Pidgin for leaks and hacking on MAT. I should get drinks with him again in a few weeks…
- Helped Rob Jansen a bit with a curses setup wizard for Shadow.
The 1.4.4 release is the finishing point for major arm development (for realz this time!), and next I’ll be shifting my focus to Stem (a fork of TorCtl) and our shiny, new django TorStatus site.