Why can’t it always be winter? With murderous weather keeping you indoors life is so much more productive.
Hidden Service Descriptor Support
Stem now has the ability to read tor hidden service descriptors!
This is moot for the moment as there isn’t a method to get them, but with David’s ongoing work this is becoming a thing.
Google Summer of Code
Sadly we weren’t accepted into GSoC 2015. The program was trimmed back this year from 190 to 137 orgs, with several veteran orgs dropped to make room for newcomers. We’re in good company. Mozilla, Linux Foundation, Blender, and others were not included this year too. Friday we’re gonna get tips to improve our chances next year.
Pity, but c’est la vie. Regardless of GSoC we’re always happy to welcome newcomers, so if you’d like to get involved then don’t be shy!
Few other noteworthy things were…
- Gautham added connection resolution support for Windows!
- Foxboron added Tox support for testing multiple python versions.
- Notified relays prior to tor 0.2.4.18 that they should upgrade.
- Worked with Sebastian and Roger on a couple tor segfauts I ran into. (1, 2)
- Ported Tor’s argument handling tests to Stem.