Guten tag world! Time again for another status report…
Arm Graph Panel Rewrite
Really? Has it actually been four months?
Dusted off my work from November and finished rewriting arm’s graph panel. Besides untangling a mess of code that would make my family disown me, this leverages ‘GETINFO bw-event-cache’ to greatly improve graph prepopulation. Thanks, Nick, for adding that!
Coding aside, real challenge this month has been finding a better name. Thanks everyone who has helped (especially Mike!).
I’m now strongly leaning toward Nyx. Brevity aside, Nyx is the primordial goddess of the night with a description that’s positively delightful…
Her appearances are sparse in surviving mythology, but reveal her as a figure of such exceptional power and beauty, that she is feared by Zeus himself. She is found in the shadows of the world and only ever seen in glimpses.
Very curious to hear what the community thinks.
New Development Blog
Five years now I’ve dumped my status reports onto a single page. While this worked, clearly it lacked a certain… elegance. Moved to a proper blog…
Personally I found it interesting how my style has evolved over the years. My current approach is to focus on a couple topics, followed by a brief list of additional things I’ve been up to. This is much easier to skim than the walls of text I once wrote.
Few other noteworthy things were…
- Stem can now read encrypted hidden service introduction-points.
- Support for the consensus’ new packages field and new HS extrainfo stats.
- You can now specify just a single test to run, rather than a whole module.
- clv expanded our tests to check if tor has capabilities Stem lacks.
- Sebastian sped up our integ tests by making them use trigger-able events.