Oh oops! Just realized I completely forgot last month’s status report. Probably just as well. Festivals and fun crowd tor out during the summer.
Strawberry Festival, Fremont Fair, Underground Tour, and spring cleaning aside honestly not much to report.
- Lots of code reviewing. I might not be writing code but Dave is.
- Membership and website adjustments. Rote work aside, rewrote our ‘welcome’ emails and worked with Tom on adding people page pronouns.
- Revamped Stem’s equality checks and hashing. Hashes now account for attribute types, are consistent between interpreter runs, and cached by immutable classes.
- Python 3.5 bundled a buggy lru_cache implementation. Stem now works around this.
- Python 3.6’s new ‘async’ keyword broke Stem’s testing tools.
Hope everyone else is having a similarly great summer!